From a free download of the latest Angry Birds game to great deals at online retailers, here are five things to know for the coming week:
1. A few days ago, the new 3-D Angry Birds Go! for Android and iOS was released. This time around, birds and pigs race down a track, avoiding hazards and dastardly opponents along the way. Download it for free here—and say goodbye to several hours.
2. Monday, Dec. 16 is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day. (What, as if you were on a diet anyway over the holidays?) Celebrate this sweet holiday by drizzling chocolate sauce on anything you can get your hands on, or make Rachel Ray’s chocolate fondue recipe.
3. Tuesday, Dec. 17 is National Maple Syrup Day. The sweet stuff shouldn't just be reserved for waffles and pancakes. Try it in a latte, or mix it into a toasty winter cocktail. Make sure you check the label, though: Pure maple syrup is solely produced from North American maple trees.
4. On Dec. 19, 1843, Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol was published. Amazon is giving away free downloads of the classic holiday-centered e-book here.
5. With one week left until Christmas, it’s time to go into gift card buying mode. Save up to 35 percent off hundreds of gift cards to stores, restaurants, movie theater chains, spas and more at CardCash. Buy here.