Our choir program for ages 5-8 teaches vocal basics in a fun group setting. Students learn proper warm-up and breathing exercises, and an introduction to musicianship, including simple sight-singing, rhythm games, and simple harmony. The choir works on a wide range of musical styles from contemporary Disney and Glee songs to Christmas classics and historical folk songs. Movement, games, and basic choreography add to this fun-oriented program.
Some benefits of children's choir:
- it's not just singing; it's learning about music
- it teaches kids how to work in a group setting
- it teaches kids autonomy in a group setting through solos and section leading -it's developing multicultural awareness by singing different styles of music and in different languages
- it integrates movement with music, deepening the student's awareness of the physicality of music-making
- it's a weekly group activity with a highly trained and experienced director
- it's an affordable alternative to private voice lessons or an enrichment class for private instrumental lessons
- it's an opportunity to make new friends
- it's an opportunity to perform in public with friends through scheduled community, regional theater, church, and concert events.