No matter when the home was built there are NO Mello-Roos bonds.
- Property taxes are approximately 1.01 percent
- Most areas built before 1980 do not have HOAs but most built after are “PUDs” or Planned Unit Developments.
- Many homes are built on “post tension” concrete slabs (don't cut into them)
- There are many view lots in Laguna Niguel which is my favorite feature.
- Remember, most of Laguna Niguel will show that it is in a “landslide zone” on your Natural Hazard Disclosure report. Do some research on the geological history of your favorite area. Landslides are NOT covered by your homeowners’ insurance.
- There are many gated communities. Some are guarded and some are not. Gated communities are responsible for their own street maintenance.
- There is NO high school in Laguna Niguel. North of Crown Valley students go to Aliso Niguel High School located in Aliso Viejo. South of Crown Valley students go to Dana Hills High School located in Dana Point.
- The school district is Capistrano Valley School District.
- We have less fog and more sun than the beach cities but we get great ocean breezes.
- There are condos and detached homes. There are a large number of tract homes and a good supply of custom homes valued into the multi-millions.
Ron Buck, Realtor®
Ron Buck has been a real estate broker for 16 years with over 400 successfully completed transactions. He is a 10-year resident of Laguna Niguel and is an expert in south Orange County real estate. You can contact him at Ron@JonRonRealEstate.com or 949.456.0505.