A resident scared off a man who was prowling at his home on Galaxy Drive, Newport Beach police reported.
The prowling incident happened on Sunday, Nov. 11 at 4:15 a.m. According to police, the resident noticed a man trying to open two separate sliding doors at the back of the house. The resident yelled at the suspect to leave and the suspect walked around to the side of the house and fled in an unknown direction.
Police say when responding officers arrived and checked the area, they found two bikes lying in the middle of Polaris Drive. According to police, the bikes belonged to the suspect and his accomplice.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org