Newport Beach police recently responded to home burglaries in different parts of the city. Police say it is important for residents to take precautions to decrease the chance of becoming a victim of a residential burglary.
• On Tuesday, Sept. 25 between 9:30 a.m. and 12:05 p.m., a home in the 2400 block of Holiday Road was burglarized. Police say a suspect entered the home, possibly through an unlocked door, and stole a ring and a necklace from a jewelry box.
• Police say on the same day, between 10:30 a.m. and 9:45 p.m., a suspect entered a home in the 1900 block of Dover Drive through an open bedroom window, rummaged through the victim’s drawers and stole two rings and a necklace from the bathroom.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org
- If you see suspicious activity, vehicles, or people call the Newport Beach Police Department immediately at 949-644-3717.