Two recent incidents in Newport Beach have police encouraging residents to remain vigilant.
- Police say on Wednesday, Jan. 18, between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., an unknown suspect targeted a home in the 300 block of Aliso Avenue. The suspect cut and removed a window screen and reached through a louvered glass window to open the door which led into the laundry room.
- On Tuesday, Wed. 17 around 10:30 p.m., police say a female supect was seen on a surveillance camera walking in the backyard of a home in the 2400 block of Cliff Drive. The woman was also seen walking around the house. She was last seen wearing dark clothing and carrying a
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org
Newport Beach police say if you arrive at your home and notice something out of place that leads you to think someone has been in your home while you were out, go to a safe location and call 911. If you notice suspicious activity in your neighborhood, call 949-644-3717 immediately.