The city of Newport Beach is accepting applications for entry-level and academy-graduate police officers through Oct. 22, or until 500 applications are received. Applications for lateral police officers are also being accepted on an ongoing basis.
"Applicants are encouraged to submit the appropriate paperwork immediately as the recruitment for these positions could close at any time," Jennifer Manzella, police spokeswoman, said in a released statement.
Anyone interested in applying can apply online at newportbeachca.gov.
- Entry Level: Must have the ability to successfully complete a California POST Basic Academy and the City of Newport Beach Police Department Field Training Program.
- Academy Graduate: Must possess current POST Academy certificate and must have the ability to successfully complete the City of Newport Beach Police Department Field Training Program.
- Lateral: Must have successfully completed probationary period and Training Program at another law enforcement agency; and must possess current POST Basic certificate.
- Training: Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade. College level coursework or other specialized training in police science, psychology, public administration or related field is highly desirable.
- License & Certificates: Possession of a valid California driver's license is required at the time of appointment.
Facebook. Follow us on Twitter and Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest local news.