The home burglary took place on Nov. 27 between 3:15 and 4:19 p.m. at a home on Cypress Point Lane. According to police, the suspect entered the home through an unlocked door. Two watch boxes and about 20 watches were stolen from the master bedroom closet.
- To ensure the safety of your home, schedule an appointment for a free security inspection by calling Newport Beach police at 949-644-3699.
- Make sure the doors and windows of your home are locked at all times.
- Install a deadbolt lock in all doors leading from your garage to your home or outside.
- Use a vacation bolt or padlock in the garage door’s track, ¼ inch above the roller when the door is in a closed position. This will prevent the door from opening in the event someone has a garage door opener with your door’s frequency.
- Cover your garage windows with curtains or blinds to prevent a burglar from seeing what you keep in your garage.
- It only takes seconds to remove property from an open garage, never leave your garage doors open even for short periods of time, when you are not present.
- Consider improving the lighting on your property, criminals like to work in the dark.
- Put your Neighborhood Watch to work. Make a strong commitment to knowing and watching out for each other.
Newport Beach police say if you arrive at your home and notice something out of place that leads you to think someone has been in your home while you were out, go to a safe location and call 911.
If you see suspicious activity, vehicles, or people call the Newport Beach Police Department immediately at 949-644-3717.Facebook. Follow us on Twitter and Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest local news.