Since the beginning of November, there have been six reported thefts from vehicles and one garage burglary in Newport Coast, police reported.
In each case, the vehicle was left unlocked and parked on the street or in the victim’s driveway.
- On Sunday, Nov. 18 a suspect stole a GPS from an unlocked car on Morning Light.
- On Wednesday, Nov. 14 a suspect stole a garage remote control and two photo buttons from an unlocked car parked on Via Emilia. On the same day, a briefcase was stolen from an unlocked car on Via Brezza.
- On Wednesday, Nov. 7 a suspect stole a briefcase, two digital cameras and a cell phone from an unlocked car parked on Hidden Pass. The items wer later recovered. On the same day, a briefcase, pen, Folio and a calculator from an unlocked car parked on Stargazer.
- On Saturday, Nov. 3 a suspect rummaged through an unlocked car that was parked inside an open garage on Ocean Heights Drive and an unlocked car parked on Overlook Drive.
Vehicle Safety Tips:
- Take valuables out: Remove all valuable from plain sight or hide them before arriving at your destination.
- Lock your vehicle: Verify your vehicle is securely locked before leaving the area.
- Close your windows: An open window or sunroof allows for quick entry into your vehicle by a thief – Always check that they are completely shut before leaving your vehicle.