Burglars stole a bike and two laptops from homes in Newport Beach this week, police reported.
- On Wednesday at about 11 p.m. two men entered a garage in the 100 block of 43rd Street and stole a black bike, according to police spokeswoman Kathy Lowe. The suspects were last seen in the alley, but responding officers were unable to find them.
- Sometime between 4 and 9:45 p.m. on Wednesday, an unknown supsect entered a home in the 400 block of Plata. Lowe says the suspect got into the home through a locked front door and stole two laptops.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org.
Newport Beach police say if you arrive at your home and notice something out of place that leads you to think someone has been in your home while you were out, go to a safe location and call 911.
If you see suspicious activity, vehicles, or people call the Newport Beach Police Department immediately at 949-644-3717.