Several burglaries were reported last week in Newport Beach, police said.
- Sometime between Wednesday, June 20 at 5:15 p.m. and Thursday, June 21 at 11:45 a.m., an unknown suspect entered a home that is under construction in the 100 block of Via Orvieto and stole a new water heater from the garage.
- Between Friday, June 22 at 5 p.m. and Saturday, June 23 at 10:30 a.m., an unknown suspect entered a home in the 1100 block of West Balboa Blvd. through an open window after removing the screen. Police say once inside the home, the suspect ransacked the residence and stole a 42" Sony TV, MacBook Pro, Nook tablet and an I-Home docking station.
- Police say sometime between Friday, June 22 at 9 p.m. and Saturday, June 23 at 1:30 a.m., an unknown suspect entered a home in the 1800 block of West Balboa Blvd. after forcing open a side window. Two MacBook Pros, a 32" Visio TV and I-Home docking station were stolen from the home.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org
Call police immediately if you see suspicious activity in your neighborhood at 949-644-3717.