Newport Beach police responded to home burglaries arond the city last week, and are urging residents to take precautions.
- On Monday, July 9 between midnight and 7 a.m., an unknown suspect forced open a front window on Corsica Drive while the victim was asleep. Police say the suspect went through the victim's wallet and took cash before fleeing out the front door.
- On Wednesday, July 11 between noon and 4:30 p.m., an unknown suspect attempted to pry open a kitchen door in the 300 block of Vista Trucha, but police say it did not appear that the suspect g0t inside.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org
Call police immediately if you see suspicious activity in your neighborhood at 949-644-3717.