A handful of cars were recently broken into in Newport Beach, police reported.
- On Sunday, July 22 an unknown suspect smashed the passenger side window of a car parked in the 200 block of Promontory Drive West. Police say a computer bag with a laptop and digital camera were stolen.
- Police say on Monday, July 16 two unlocked cars on Harbor Island Drive had items stolen by burglars. In one case, a FastTrak pass, jumper cables, flashlight and cloth bags were stolen. In the second car, a handicap placard, paperwork and three bottles of wine were taken.
Vehicle Safety Tips:
- Take valuables out: Remove all valuable from plain sight or hide them before arriving at your destination.
- Lock your vehicle: Verify your vehicle is securely locked before leaving the area.
- Close your windows: An open window or sunroof allows for quick entry into your vehicle by a thief – Always check that they are completely shut before leaving your vehicle.