Two cars were burglarized last week in Newport Beach, police reported.
- Police say sometime between Friday, Sept. 14 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 16 at 6 a.m., an unknown suspect used a wire hanger to unlock a car parked in the 500 block of Westminster. Police say the window was left slightly open and the suspect took the victim’s purse, an ATM card and credit card. The purse was later found in the 3200 block of E. 15th by a resident who was picking up trash in the street.
- Sometime between Saturday, Sept. 15 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 16 at 7:45 a.m., an unknown suspect unlocked a car parked in the 3200 block of E. 15th Street. Police say the burglar stole loose change from the center console.
Vehicle Safety Tips:
- Take valuables out: Remove all valuable from plain sight or hide them before arriving at your destination.
- Lock your vehicle: Verify your vehicle is securely locked before leaving the area.
- Close your windows: An open window or sunroof allows for quick entry into your vehicle by a thief – Always check that they are completely shut before leaving your vehicle.