A burglar recently stole jewelry from an unlocked home in Newport Beach, police reported.
The home burglary took place sometime between Wednesday, Feb. 27 and Monday, March 4 at a home in the 300 block of Ruby Avenue. According to police, an unknown suspect entered the victim’s unlocked home and took two gold rings and one platinum ring from the downstairs bathroom cabinet.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org.
Newport Beach police say if you arrive at your home and notice something out of place that leads you to think someone has been in your home while you were out, go to a safe location and call 911.
If you see suspicious activity, vehicles, or people call the Newport Beach Police Department immediately at 949-644-3717.