Some homes in Newport Beach were burglarized this week, police reported.
- On Tuesday, Feb. 19 between 11:30 a.m. and 1:10 p.m., an unknown suspect entered a home in the 1500 block of Mariners Drive through an unlocked back door. According to police, the suspect ransacked the house and stole jewelry, cash and prescription medications.
- Police say on Saturday, Feb. 16 an unknown suspect entered an unlocked car parked in the driveway of a home in the 1700 block of Antigua Way. The suspect took the garage door opener, went into the garage and stole a bike and photography lighting equipment.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org