The burglary took place on Thursday, Aug. 15 between 10 and 11:30 a.m. at a home in the 1200 block of Somerset Lane. According to police, the suspect went into the home through an unlocked back window.
The resident reported a watch and 22 pieces of jewelry stolen from the home, police reported.
No other information was available.
Home Safety Tips
- Always lock your windows and doors when you go out, even if for only a few minutes.
- All windows should be equipped with a secondary security lock.
- All exterior doors should be of a solid core construction and have a deadbolt lock. This includes the door leading from the garage into your home.
- These doors should also be equipped with a security strike plate using four to six, three inch screws. The screws should affix the strike plate to the home’s structure not just the frame of the door.
- Never leave a purse, wallet or other valuables in plain sight.
- If you have a safe, make sure that it is properly secured with bolts so that it cannot be easily removed.
- Always close and lock your safe, and never leave a key or combination laying around.
- If your home is equipped with an alarm, always activate it even if you’re only going out for a short walk.