A burglar forced open a downstairs bedroom window at a home in Newport Beach, police reported.
The burglary took place sometime between Saturday, August 26 and Saturday, Oct. 13 at a home in the 800 block of East Oceanfront. According to police, the suspect entered the home after forcing open a downstairs bedroom window and stole clothing and bottles of liquor.
The victim realized someone had been in the house after finding property in the home that did not belong to him, police said.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Sign-up for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org.
If you see suspicious activity, vehicles, or people call the Newport Beach Police Department immediately at 949-644-3717.