A burglar broke a glass door and ransacked a Newport Home, police reported.
The home burglary took place on Bridgeport Drive, sometime between Thursday, Dec. 20 and Sunday, Dec. 30. According to police, the unknown suspect shattered the glass door leading from the backyard into the living room of the victim’s home.
The suspect then ransacked the master bedroom, bathroom and closet, police said.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org
- If you see suspicious activity, vehicles, or people call the Newport Beach Police Department immediately at 949-644-3717.