A burglar forced open a side garage door and went into a Newport Beach home, police reported.
The burglary took place at a home in the 3700 block of Inlet Isle Drive sometime between Friday, Nov. 23 and Tuesday, Nov. 27 when the resident was out of town. According to police, the unknown suspect forced open a side garage door to get into the garage, then forced open another door to get into the house.
Exactly what was stolen from the home was unknown, police reported.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org
- If you see suspicious activity, vehicles, or people call the Newport Beach Police Department immediately at 949-644-3717.