Several items were recently stolen from homes in Newport Beach when burglars made their way inside, police reported.
- On Thursday, Nov. 22 an unknown suspect forced open the front door of a home in the 4200 block of Patrice Road. According to police, the door was locked with a door knob lock, but the deadbolt lock was not used. A laptop computer and an iPhone charger was stolen from the dining room table.
- Sometime between Wednesday, Nov. 28 at 7:30 a.m. and Thursday, Nov. 29 at 8:30 p.m., an unknown suspect broke into a home in the 1000 block of E. Balboa Blvd by unknown means. Three watches, a sterling silver plate and a sterling ashtray were stolen.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org