A burglary was reported at an apartment in Newport Beach last week, police reported.
The burglary happened on Monday, Sept. 17, between 2 and 3 p.m. in the 2100 block of E. 16th Street. According to police, a suspect entered the apartment through an unlocked front door and stole a MacBook laptop while the victim was at the pool.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org
- If you see suspicious activity, vehicles, or people call the Newport Beach Police Department immediately at 949-644-3717.