A burglar entered an unsecured laundry room at a home in Newport Beach and stole several items, police reported.
The burglary took place Friday, Nov. 2 between 11:45 a.m. and 7:45 p.m. at home in the 1100 block of Dolphin Terrace. According to police, the unknown suspect found an open window in the side laundry room door. The suspect tore a hole in the screen, reached in and unlocked the deadbolt lock on the door leading into the house.
Once inside the home the suspect took jewelry, watches, three pairs of women's shoes and a racing bike from the master bedroom and from an unattached garage.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org
- If you see suspicious activity, vehicles, or people call the Newport Beach Police Department immediately at 949-644-3717.