A burglar broke into a home in Newport Beach this week and stole a television, police reported.
The burglary took place on Tuesday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at a home in the 200 block of 42nd Street. According to police, an unknown suspect entered the home by unknown means and stole the television.
The suspect was not seen or heard, police said.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org.
Call police immediately if you see suspicious activity in your neighborhood at 949-644-3717.