The burglary occurred on Saturday, Sept. 28 between 6 and 9 p.m., in the 1400 block of Bonnie Doone Terrace. According to police, a suspect went into the home through an unlocked side garage door, then went into the home through another unlocked door that led to the residence.
Three watches, four purses and jewelry were reported stolen from the home.
The suspect fled through a bedroom door that led to the backyard, police said.
- Always lock your windows and doors when you go out, even if for only a few minutes.
- If you return home and find your pedestrian door that leads into your home locked, and you are certain that you left it unlock, DO NOT GO INSIDE! Call the police immediately at 9-1-1. Burglars often lock this door to slow down a victim, allowing the burglar extra time to get out of the home before the resident enters.
- If your home is equipped with an alarm, always activate it even if you’re only going out for a short walk.
- Always keep your front and rear porch lights on from dusk to dawn and use motion detector lighting along the sides of your home or areas with little foot traffic.
- When you leave on vacation remember to call the Police Department for a “Vacation Check” at 949-644-3717 or sign up on line at nbpd.org. Also, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to pick up your paper and mail while you are away.