Our latest roundup of interesting reader comments, as selected by Patch editors:
How about a cage fight to determine ballot order? Might not be in the best taste, but it sure would be entertaining. :)
— Oracle, discussing
Dollar Tree is much nicer than the 99 cent store.
— Al Gore, on the
We (fans) have a Code of Conduct for team owners and organizations:
- Ice machines shall be placed in the parking lot so fans' beer won't get warm.
- Wi-fi shall be free so we have something to do between innings and while we wait for our wives to get back with our beer.
- Overexcited, hyped-up PA announcers shall be eliminated.
- Ugly advertising shall be banned. Dodger Stadium for a while was almost perfect with just about four 76 circles.
- Potpourri and attendants handing out warm towelettes shall be in every men’s room.
- Existing "Family Sections" shall be renamed "Normal Sections" and existing "Normal Sections" shall be renamed "Rowdy Sections"
-- Charles, on local sports venues adopting
Welcome to Commiefornia. Where we make it illegal to do already illegal activities. Get these morons out of office please.
— Dick Jones, also commenting on the fan code of conduct
Actually, more like a he-said/she-said, she-said and she-said.
— Jerry West, replying to another commenter's complaint that was just a "he-said/she-said situation"
Who knew earthquakes could be classic? Especially in Brawley.
— thejellyfish, in response to a of earthquakes