Tip: Hosting a Super Bowl party? Serve this chili recipe in mini taco shell bowls for a filling appetizer.
White Bean Chicken Chili
Cook time: 6 hours
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cans of great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 7-oz. can diced green chiles
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced with seeds
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Garnish options: cilantro chopped onion sour cream shredded cheese avocado
- In a slow cooker, combine olive oil, onions and garlic.
- In a food processor, puree 2 cans of beans with a splash of stock and add it to the slow cooker. Add stock. Using a whisk, incorporate the puree into the chili. Once puree is incorporated, add remaining 2 cans of whole beans to the chili. Add diced chiles, jalapeno, oregano, cumin, salt, cloves, and cayenne. Stir gently.
- Put slow cooker on high for 6 hours. At the fifth hour, add shredded chicken and cook for an additional hour.
- Serve topped with garnishes.
The Secret to Perfectly Stringy Grilled Cheese
Crock Pot Party: Share Comfort Food With Friends
Soups Hearty Enough for a Main Course
This article is part of Mix It Up, an editorial series created in collaboration with AOL's Kitchen Daily and Huffington Post. It is dedicated to making the lives of mothers easier through articles, videos and slideshows focused on simple and creative solutions to everyday challenges. From healthy recipes to exciting ideas for a more balanced lifestyle, this section aims to become a resource for moms everywhere.