Newport Beach City Hall, the OASIS Senior Center in Corona del Mar and the city libraries are closed Thursday and Friday. Students in the Newport-Mesa Unified School District also have Friday off, and banks and post offices are also closed on Thanksgiving Day. Thursday's trash collection will take place on Friday, and Friday’s trash collection will be bumped until Saturday. No city street sweeping will be done Thursday or Friday.
Yes, it’s Thanksgiving Day! It bound to happen, an hour until mealtime and you realize you’re short on dinner rolls — where do you go? Or say after that dinner, you and the company want to step out for beer — do you know what’s open nearby? Patch has you covered here with a rundown of which coffee shops, grocery stores, and restaurants in Newport Beach that will be open this holiday.
- Albertson's, 3049 E. Coast Hwy Corona del Mar - 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Whole Foods Fashion Island, 415 Newport Center Dr. - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sprouts, 225 E. 17th St. in Costa Mesa - 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Bristol Farms, 810 Avocado Ave. - 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Pavilions, 1000 Bayside Dr. - 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Ralphs, 1150 Irvine Ave. - 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Zinc Cafe & Market, 3222 E. Coast Hwy Corona del Mar - 7 a.m. to noon
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, 2935 E. Coast Hwy Corona del Mar - 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Starbucks, PCH & Bayside - 5:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bayside Restaurant, 2 to 8:30 p.m., with live entertainment from 5 to 9 p.m. - 900 Bayside Dr. Reservations recommended, call 949-721-1222
- Pelican Grill & Lounge, 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., 22701 Pelican Hill Rd. For reservations call, 855-315-8214.
- Back Bay Bistro, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. - 1131 Back Bay Drive. Reservations are highly recommended, call 949-729-1144.