This is an open house event for 2013 Murrieta Valley Pony Baseball Registration from 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Dec. 29 at Swing Away Baseball, 25763 Jefferson Ave. in Murrieta.
Parents will be able to ask questions about the upcoming season and be able to do in-person registration. In addition, managers and coaches will be able to undergo background checks and registration in advance of the season.
Spring registration closes on Jan. 11. Players registering after that date will be taken on a space available basis only and will be subject to a late fee.
Swing Away Baseball will be offering prizes and giveaways along with some complementary batting cage time at the end of Open House session.
For more information or to register online for the Spring 2013 Pony Baseball season, visit MVPB.org.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?:
- Anyone who wants to register in person (check, cash, credit and debit cards accepted)
- Anyone who needs to pay via a payment plan
- Anyone who wants to learn more about how the league functions
- Anyone who has questions like...
- Why does it cost so much to play?
- Why do we have to get a sponsor?
- Why do we have to work the snack bar?
- Why don't all the fields have lights?
- Can my child be an umpire?
- Anyone who cares about the future of the league
- Anyone who wants to manage or coach
- Anyone who cares about their child's baseball experience
After we are done, Swing Away is going to offer some free time to parents and players that want to experience their newly renovated practice facility.