Today mark's the start of one of the busiest times of the year at John Wayne Airport and officials want passengers to be well aware of how to continue on smoothly to their Memorial Day Weekend destinations.
According to JWA, passengers using the airport between now and Memorial Day should anticipate higher-than-normal crowds, with most travelers expected today and Tuesday. Last year more than 130,000 passengers traveled through JWA between the Thursday before and the Tuesday after Memorial Day.
Visitors to JWA during the Memorial Day holiday weekend should be aware of ongoing construction activities around the Riley Terminal, exercise caution when navigating Airport roadways and follow posted speed limits.
- Arrive 90 minutes to two-hours before the flight departure time to find parking, check luggage and go through the security checkpoint.
- Drivers picking up passengers at the Airport are encouraged to utilize 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C, as portions of the white curb designated for passenger pick up areas are closed due to construction.
Parking Options at JWA:
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, located on the departure level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
- For parking availability call 949.252.5200 or for directions to JWA, visit: www.ocair.com/parking.