Parents, kids and community members are invited to attend free lectures in Newport Beach focused on high school sports injuries.
The Coaches & Captains lecture series begins tonight at Newport Beach's DISC Sports & Spine Center. The free seminars will feature medical experts, including Nike Track & Field Coach John Smith, Oakland Raiders Team Physician Dr. Frederic Nicola and neurosurgeon Dr. Robert S. Bray, Jr., who will discuss concussions, ACL injuries, dehydration, back injuries, shoulder injuries and more.
Event organizers say the series will help people understand the vital role of sports medicine for young athletes and other areas that contribute to long-term athlete health and performance.
For more information or to RSVP for the seminars, visit discmdgroup.com/sports-seminar.
Lecture Series Schedule:
- Concussions - Thursday, Feb. 28 from 6-7 p.m.
- Improving the 40-Yard Dash - Thursday, March 14 from 6-7 p.m.
- Shoulder Injuries in Overhead Athletes - Thursday, April 4 from 6-7 p.m.
- Surprising Symptoms of Back Injuries - Thursday, April 11 from 6-7 p.m.
- ACL Injuries in Athletes - Thursday, April 25 from 6-7 p.m.
- Preventing Dehydration - Thursday, May 9 from 6-7 p.m.
DISC Sports & Spine Center is located at 301 Bayview Circle, Suite 218 in Newport Beach.