From green bagels to removing non-native clover from the Upper Newport Bay, there are many ways to celebrate St. Patrick's in Newport Beach.
- If you want to pick up some green bagels this weekend, Bruegger’s Bagels in Corona del Mar has them but call ahead and get your order in at 949-723-4485.
- Hundreds of people are expected to celebrate St. Patrick's Day at Muldoon's Irish Pub located at 202 Newport Center Dr. in Newport Beach. Muldoon's 38th annual St. Patrick's Day “Party at the Pub” kicks off Sunday, March at 9 a.m. with brunch and live entertainment from Irish rock band, Van Diemen's Band from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Stop by for some Homemade Corned Beef and Cabbage, Shepherd's Pie and Muldoon's famous Irish Stew. At 5 p.m. Southern California Celtic band, The Droppers, will take the stage and keep the party going.
- Still searching for that perfect four-leafed clover? Join Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve for a morning in the great outdoors on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and help remove pesky non-native clover from the Butterfly Habitat. Volunteers will learn about the beautiful native flora and decorate a pot to take home filled with coastal California’s Owl Clover seeds! The event will take place at 2301 University Drive, Newport Beach.
- Malarky's: Open at 6:00 a.m. Sunday, this Irish bar will have special items on the menu, including corned beef sandwiches, corned beef tacos, green beer, Irish bagpipers and more.
- Waste Management is ecouraging the community to keep the environment in mind while celerbating St. Patrick's Day. People are urged to bike, walk or carpool to the Irish festivities, avoid littering and celebrate your green-conscious by opting to make your St. Patrick’s Day outfit from reusable or recycled materials. Get more tips on how to go green here.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now