Foster Farms, already in the news for contamination at its processing plants, now has another headache: a Costa Mesa customer was shocked by pulling out an entire chicken head from her roaster.
"I remember the eye being open and looking up at me," said Jeanine Borger to an Orange County Register reporter. "The beak, the eyes, the red thing."
Borger had bought the whole chicken to boil for her nearly-toothless dog, and told the newspaper that she was shocked by the chicken head when she reached inside the cavity to pull out the sack if giblets.
The newspaper ran a picture of her looking at the chicken head, before she took it back to the store for a refund.