The doors to Hoag Hospital's newly revamped Heart & Vascular Institute are now open with the promise to better suit the needs of patients, officials reported.
The 34,650-square-foot facility houses advanced surgical suites and the first electrophysiology cardiac catheterization lab of its kind and a new hybrid cardiac surgical suite designed with the highest level of patient comfort and safety as top priorities. Nina Robinson, hospital spokeswoman, says the hospital is committed to providing patients a higher level of cardiac care through its new services.
"All of their cardiac care needs can be met in one easy to access location, avoiding any troubles of moving around the hospital to seek services," Robinson said.
One of the institute's main features is the catheterization lab which allows patients who undergo surgery with mild sedation to have the mood of the room transformed with various images -- including the beach and mountains for adults, and cartoons for kids -- projected onto the ceiling.
- Five catheterization labs, including the Allan & Sandy Fainbarg Electrophysiology Cath Lab Suite, the only one if its kind in the region
- 13 bed pre- and post-catheterization lab procedure unit
- Three cardiovascular operating rooms, including the Bob & Marjie Bennett Hybrid Cardiovascular Surgical Suite
- 14 bed pre- and post-procedure area
- A new lobby to provide central access to patients and visitors, as well as a central registration and check-in counter
- A 625-square-foot conference room for physician/family meetings; made possible by a donation from Ronnie and Byron Allumbaugh. The new conference room features a 10’ x 6’ monitor display with live feed interactive video conference capability
- Custom monuments and a dedicated wall to community members who have donated to Hoag Heart & Vascular Institute over the years
Additional services are scheduled to be completed at the institute including specialized cardiac clinics, pacemaker and arrhythmia education and a healing garden.