Dr. Daniel A. Nadeau has a "wealth of knowledge" in the areas of diabetes, obesity and nutrition, according to hospital officials, and will be the first recipient of the Dr. Kris V. Iyer Endowed Chair in Diabetes Care. Nadeau has extensive experience building diabetes centers from the ground up and has worked to change the landscape of diabetes care through national educational efforts that include public speaking, publishing in scientific journals, and media appearances including CNN.
Nadeau will also contribute his expertise as an Endocrinologist at Hoag Medical Group.
"We are thrilled to have Dr. Daniel Nadeau join our team. His innovative work, program development and leadership will be an asset to the Allen Diabetes Center and more importantly our patients," Kris Iyer, executive medical director for the Mary & Dick Allen Diabetes Center and president of Hoag Medical Group, said in a released statement. "His experience with research, insulin and nutrition will significantly contribute to our mission of making a positive difference in the lives of people living with diabetes and those at risk of diabetes.”
Dr. Nadeau’s CV includes:
- Board Certified, American Board of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine
- Master’s degree in nutrition from Tufts University School of Nutrition
- Fellowship in endocrinology at the University of Vermont, Internal Medicine residency at the Medical Center Hospital of Vermont
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at Tufts Medical School and Medical Director of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Nutrition at Exeter
- Practiced medicine in New Hampshire and at Eastern Maine Medical Center in Maine
- Co-author of the nutrition book, The Color Code: A Revolutionary Eating Plan for Optimum Health
- Recipient of the National Research Service Award from the National Institutes of Health
For more information about The Mary & Dick Allen Diabetes Center, call 949-764-8065 or visit hoag.org/diabetes.
Facebook. Follow us on Twitter and Sign up for the daily email with links to the latest local news.