Police say suspects recently burglarized unsecured homes and a vehicle in Newport Beach.
- Police say sometime between Sunday, July 1 and Tuesday, July 3 an unknown suspect entered a garage at a home in the 1500 block of Kings Road. Police said it is possible the garage was left open and the victims were out of town. The burglar stole a laptop and money, according to police.
- This month a victim reported a burglary that took place sometime between June 15 and June 18 at a home in the 500 block of Westminster. Police say an unknown suspect entered the bank owned property, possibly through the combination lock box and stole a stove.
- Police say on Thursday, July 12 between 2:40 and 3:10 p.m., and unknown suspect targeted an unlocked car parked in the 500 block of Irvine Avenue. A sub woofer, wallet, backpack and miscellaneous paper work were reported missing.
Home Security Tips:
- Close and lock all doors, windows and garage door.
- All exterior doors should be equipped with a deadbolt lock, which should always be used have a security strike plate, attached with a minimum of two, three inch screws.
- If you have an alarm, always activate it when you are away.
- Use photo cells or timers to turn both interior and exterior lights on and off.
- If you are going to be out of town, ask a trusted friend or neighbor to check on your home and pick up your mail. Signup for a vacation check from the police department at www.nbpd.org
Vehicle Safety Tips:
- Take valuables out: Remove all valuable from plain sight or hide them before arriving at your destination.
- Lock your vehicle: Verify your vehicle is securely locked before leaving the area.
- Close your windows: An open window or sunroof allows for quick entry into your vehicle by a thief – Always check that they are completely shut before leaving your vehicle.
Call police immediately if you see suspicious activity in your neighborhood at 949-644-3717.