The community is invited to attend an upcoming speaking engagement in Corona del Mar centered around childhood concussions and adolescent contact sports.
Dr. Farzad Massoudi, founder and CEO of Newport Beach-based Eastbluff Medical Center, will discuss childhood concussions and factors that contribute to brain injury in contact sports on Thursday Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. The speech will take place at Harbor Day School's Moiso Theater and will delve into the following areas:
- Structural factors that contribute to brain injuries in contact sports
- Societal and cultural traditions contributing to the rising incidents of head injuries in contact sports
- Diagnosis and management of concussions
- Possible solutions in preventing concussions in contact sports
- Implications of early concussions in later years of life
Massoudi is a Corona del Mar resident and chief of staff at Mission Hospital.
To register for the speaking event, visit harborday.org/speakers. Harbor Day School is located at 3443 Pacific View Dr. in Corona del Mar.