1. Harper's Boutique in Corona del Mar is hosting a party tonight to celebrate the upcoming launch of its ShopHarpers.com. The online shopping site will be filled with the latest fashion trends and must-haves of the season. The party will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at Harper's Boutique, 2610 E. Coast Hwy in CDM.
2. The OASIS Senior Center is hosting an advanced health care planning meeting today from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Kim Lawrence, a local registered nurse, will help families understand the different forms of advanced health care planning, and located available resources. The meeting will be held in Room 1 at the OASIS Senior Center, 801 Narcissus Ave. in Corona del Mar.
3. The city's Marine Protection and Education department has volunteer opportunities available. For details about the programs email email@example.com.
4. Whether your children take the bus to school or you drop them off directly, USA.gov wants to make sure parents review the basic guidelines on how to safely cross the street.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2010
nearly one in every five children between the ages of 5 and 9 who were
killed in traffic crashes was a pedestrian. Remind your children to only
cross the street in designated crosswalks and to look both ways before
crossing. If there’s a crossing guard at an intersection, make sure to
follow his or her directions.
5. Today will be mostly sunny with highs around 75 near the coast, and 86 to 91 inland, according to the National Weather Service.