1. Today at 5 p.m. a planning meeting for the 13th annual
Celebration of Thanksgiving will be held at the Newport Harbor Lutheran Church, 798
Dover. For more information, call Jim de Boom at 760-641-0301.
2. Save the Date! People are needed for Coastal Cleanup Day to help
pick up trash that has accumulated in the Upper Newport Bay Ecological
Reserve. Volunteers will meet at the Peter and Mary Muth Interpretive
Center at 2301 University Drive in Newport Beach. Clean Up Day will be held on Sept. 21. It will be begin at 9:00 a.m.
and conclude at noon. Pre-registration is required for this event.
Please email email@example.com to register or for more information.
3. Don't forget! Food trucks return this week to the OC Fair & Event Center. On Wednesday foodies can choose from a unique option for dinner with gourmet food trucks, entertainment and a cash bar from 5:30-9 p.m. with free admission and parking. The lineup features Chunk N Chip, Fresh Fries, Piaggio On Wheels, Rolling
Sushi, Soho Taco, Tamarindo Truck, The Burnt Truck and Viking Truck. The OC Fair & Event Center is located off the 405 and 55 freeways at 88 Fair Drive in Costa Mesa. The gourmet food trucks will located in the parking lot near the Pacific Amphitheatre Box Office.
4. On Friday, Aug. 30 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Roger's Gardens will begin showcasing its Halloween Boutique/Night Gallery. Four eerie art installations
titled Cabinet of Curiosities, Mad Inventor’s Workshop, Day of the Dead,
and Witching Hour overflow with creepy treasures to delight lovers of Halloween. The Halloween gallery will run at Roger's Gardens through Oct. 19.
5. Today will be partly cloudy, with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. The coast will see highs of 76-81, inland areas will be 87-92.